Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried counseling but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, We are confident we can help. Our practice offers the most effective forms of treatment including body based methods, energy psychology approaches and mindfulness strategies, so you can get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that counseling is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy - as opposed to anxiety medication - treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Counseling can help to uncover and process the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, We invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.