Rates & Insurance
- $150 for the initial evaluation
- $125 for ongoing sessions
Residents in Counseling:
A Resident in Counseling is an individual that has completed the educational requirements and has an approved supervisory contract by the Virginia Board of Counseling to provide clinical services in professional counseling under the supervision of a licensed counselor.
- $55 for the initial evaluation
- $45 for ongoing sessions
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your insurance provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Tina is in-network with most insurance companies to include but not limited to the following:
- Aetna Better Health
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO)
- Anthem Healthkeepers
- Anthem Healthkeepers Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of any state
- Anthem Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Humana Military
- MOS (Military One Source)
- Optima HMO/PPO/POS
- Optima Family Care
- Tricare Prime/Standard, Active Duty & Retired
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- United Behavioral Health EAP (UBH EAP)
- United Healthcare
- VA Premier (Medicaid HMO)
- Value Options
- Value Options EAP
Residents in Counseling can accept most Medicaid plans or self-pay clients. They can not accept commercial insurance plans due to credentialing requirements.
Private Pay Option
The most popular form of payment in the Reviving Wellness Counseling practice is self-pay. When an individual pays for therapy through self-pay opposed to utilizing insurance, both confidentiality and treatment remain between you and Reviving Wellness Counseling. Treatment decisions, length of therapy, confidentiality and many other important decisions are always kept between you and your therapist. However, when utilizing health insurance to pay for therapy you are relinquishing confidentiality, treatment decisions, length of therapy and other pertinent decisions to your insurance company.
When using insurance for mental health services, a diagnosis is required in order for them to provide reimbursement for the service. This diagnosis becomes a permanent part of your medical record and will potentially be made available to future insurance companies. Often, people prefer to seek counseling for relationship issues, difficulty with transitions, or simply general support in coping with life. These are not pathological issues and should not require a medical diagnosis, as demanded by health insurance companies.
Many people today have high deductible insurance plans. With plans that require thousands of dollars up front before your insurance benefits kick in, you are already paying out of pocket for your services.
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
We accept cash and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a $50.00 fee.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!